Friday, August 31, 2012

miscellaneous

A little too tired this morning for a proper rant.  This is what's been bothering me this past week.
  • I'd like to find whoever/whatever tied the muscles in my back just below my shoulders into a tight, painful knot...and return the favor.  With interest.  
  • Odysseus has been scheduled to work 'til midnight two days in a row (last night and tonight), then 'til eleven.  I'd say his manager could fuck off, but she already did--she either was fired, or quit to avoid being fired.  
  • Students whining "I don't understand!!!  Tell me exactly what to do!!!"  Especially when it's "What do you want us to link for the persuasive posts?"  Sorry--I won't do your thinking (or your work) for you.  And if this is what you're going to be like all semester, you're not going to do well.  Fuck off now, and it won't hurt your GPA.
  • Politicians making light of things they can't possibly understand (I'm looking at you, Todd Akin, and you, Tom Smith) can fuck right off. 
There are other things, but I'm too sleep deprived (as well as coffee deprived, at the moment) to think of them.  As always, rant away in the comments.  That's what these are here for.

4 comments:

Kate P said...

I had the knot thing going on all summer--my doctor recommended stretching my arms up. (Also hanging on one of those horizontal bars if you have access to one.) It really hurts and hunching over the computer for school doesn't help! Oh and probably we all need massages. Wishful thinking.

You're going to have to educate me about the Tom Smith comment. I mean, I live in PA but I haven't heard anything.

FO to people who love being shit-stirrers at work. Stop "seeing" things that aren't really there. Don't start thinking new co-workers hate you after you've talked to them for two minutes. (I'll bet there are some people I work with who think I'm getting paid more. Nope, just doing more work so I can keep my job. But thanks for assuming so you can say stuff.)

Heroditus Huxley said...

Tom Smith said that getting pregnant from being raped was the same as getting pregnant "out of wedlock."

Not quite as much of an asshole as Akin, but close.

Kate P said...

*sigh* I really wish pro-life candidates would drill themselves on intelligent responses. Start with protecting women and children, you know, that sort of thing.
Well, I still see lawn signs for him around, and I honestly hadn't heard a thing about it, so maybe PA's not making as big a deal about it.

The Fifth String said...

Jeez, this whole rape thing just irritated the crap out of me. Akin's a tool and all he did was hand phony ammunition to the Dembulbs. Every Repub I saw excoriated his sorry ass, but you'd never know that watching the MSM.