Friday, September 7, 2012

a list

  • Speshul snowflakes that whine, "I don't know hoooowwww!  I can't dooo it!  You have to help me!" while really meaning that they want their teachers to do whatever for them (and yes, there is an easily discernible difference between students who genuinely don't understand what I'm asking, and the ones that pretend they don't).  
  • Barack Obama.  Because the one job on the national stage that should not be landed because of affirmative action is the job of President.  It's now going to be very difficult for any other black man or woman to go for that job, because they're going to be assumed to be a failure no matter how competent and brilliant they are.  Thank you for that, you fucking mouth-breathing moron.  You may be smarter than Joe Biden, but then again, so is a pile of pig shit.  
  • Parents who don't bother to raise their own children, and then gawp at me for my choices to work at home: "Oh, I couldn't possibly do that!  I'd go crazy in a week!"  Wow...way to admit in front of your kids that you can't stand them...you do realize that it's entirely your fault that your kids are whiny, badly-behaved, spoiled-rotten little shits, right?
  • Family that makes you feel like shit because you don't live like they think you should.
  • People who get a new pet, go into raptures for a couple weeks over how wonderful the new pet is, then do an abrupt 180 after the "new" wears off.  
  • Last, but not least, people who do nothing to try to better their circumstances, either because it's "too hard," or because "people around here don't like me, so nothing I can do will change anything" or because of any external excuse they can think up (racism, sexism, ageism, etc.). 

2 comments:

Kate P said...

I've got a FO list, too: humidity, water mains all over town that keep breaking, vicious people, stress/disorganization in the workplace, misdirected anger that seems to land on me, and cancer. Man, I hate cancer.

And unfortunately I know people who do the "new pet" enchantment/disenchantment, only it's with babies. Once they're not babies anymore, they're not interested. Sad.

The Fifth String said...

Fuck off to political blindness. Yeah, I see it more among my lefty political opponents, but it's not non-existent on the right. I don't care how many counter-examples anyone can find, this is wrong: https://www.facebook.com/frances.lundy/posts/341379759288119#!/photo.php?fbid=526994413994303&set=a.217259448301136.70251.216484961711918&type=1&theater