Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Wednesday "FUCK YEAH!" Thread

On Monday night, I stopped into the beer store on the way home to pick up some sundries. There was one guy in line ahead of me and another at the register who had just been rung up. Register Man decides that he also needs some bread. "Where is your bread?" he asks the clerk. Then he proceeds to take his time slinking down the aisle he's been directed towards before asking "don't you have any wheat bread? I only eat wheat bread. Will you have some by tomorrow?" All this while two people were waiting behind him. I was so irritated. He was going to be my Friday Fuck Off.

Then something happened. Because of the way he was standing at the register and the postitioning of where he had to go to find his bread, he hadn't noticed there were two people being held up in line. He was horrified. He immediately began apologizing profusely. "I'm so sorry. So, so sorry. To the both of you. I didn't see you. I had no idea there were people waiting. I would not have done that if I knew you were behind me. I am sorry. Please forgive me." I was so touched, I indeed forgave him immediately and bumped his mention here up a couple of days.

Gee, score one for the I'm-Not-The-Only-Person-In-The-Universe brand of politeness. Civility and manners. FUCK YEAH!

5 comments:

Cullen said...

Yay! decency.

The Fifth String said...

Civility and manners. FUCK YEAH!

Anonymous said...

I got an A in Ecology! Yeah!

wv: abilit. What I HAVE! Yeah!

... sorry. I'm going to go back to studying now. Sob.

punishyourma said...

That's great, LD! Congratulations.

My wv: vitierpe. A French verb meaning "to throw up one's soup."

Anonymous said...

Yay, Laura's Daughter!

(I teach ecology but I am almost certainly not your prof...though it would be creepy yet funny to find out I was.)

And an F yeah to MY ecology students who gave a damn this semester and did good projects!