Friday, April 8, 2011

Chidren's colds

Both my kids have one. And they can fuck off big time (the colds, not the kids). When I get sick, I have the understanding that it's not that bad, and won't last that long. My son, however, has the worst cold he's ever had, is hoarse, and doesn't understand that he won't feel so bad forever. All my four month old daughter understands is that her little head hurts, and she can't breathe properly.

I'd rather be much sicker than I currently am than have my kids sick.

That, and grading papers, is pretty much all I've got, today. The floor is yours.

3 comments:

ricki said...

People who don't have their shit together, and act like it's YOUR problem, and expect you to clean up after them, when it's all really just a case of them needing to get their shit together....they can FTFO.

Kate P said...

Okaaaay, Blogger just ate my comment. Let's try that again.

I have the same cold, and it makes me sad to hear that children have it. Hope you feel better soon, little ones.

Here's my FO list this week:

*People who drive like "every man for himself" when it rains--the lines and lights mean something, stupids.

*Special schedules at school, practically every week. We finally get a straightforward week, and the kids act as if we're killing them. It's called an EDUCATION.

*The price of gas and where it's headed. I'm thinking that any money I make over the summer will be canceled out by the cost of getting there. And while I'm on the subject, the moronic radio station that scheduled a "free gas" event at a gas station on a very busy but only two-lane street that OF COURSE IS ON MY WAY TO SCHOOL this morning? You're on my list, too. I wasted gas sitting in backed-up traffic AND was late.

I'd put passive-aggressive people on my list but that'd just make them happy. I feel sorry for them. And for their kids, used as pawns in jerking other people around. Sick.

The Fifth String said...

Marketing pukes can fuck off. So can fucking Or*cle.