Friday, January 10, 2014

this past week.

So, after the family car's demise as a reliable source of transportation, we started looking for another one.  We found a Subaru, and test drove it.  And it promptly died the same death as the Lexus, on the test drive.  The dealer that had it took more than 24 hours to tow it. 

So, with a Subaru sitting dead in our driveway, I thought that was bad enough.  Nope. 

I put in a load of dishes and started the dishwasher...which promptly started spitting soap foam on the floor in front of itself. 

And last, but not least, my imp clogged the toilet...and it started running...and it was ten minutes before I noticed it was running...and I wound up with a flooded bathroom.

And there were two turds bobbing against the closed toilet seat.

If that weren't bad enough, the bathroom?  except for a small area next to the bathtub and around the toilet...is carpeted.  The nasty water was standing on the linoleum, and had soaked the carpet to the point where it was standing on the carpet, too.

It's dry, now, but damn it stinks.  I don't think it's salvageable, so my weekend project is going to be ripping it out. 

This week can fuck the fuckety fuck off.  Next week starts classes back up.  Here's hoping next week is better. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe all the bad shit that happens to you. Unbelievable. I feel your pain.

Heroditus Huxley said...

Small children and pets, and the little problems that accompany them, account for much annoyance. Usually, I only have one or two things going wrong at once, not half a dozen. Last week was a bad week.

This week will be better.