Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas, and God bless you all.

I may dread Christmas, but that's because of the obligatory family visits when I don't particularly like my family--and when the members I don't like won't refrain from picking fights. I am a Christian, and I'm incredibly grateful for the reason behind the celebration.

That said, last week my other half and I were leaving a store, and dropped some money into a Salvation Army bucket. The kid (12 or so) manning the bell wished us "Happy Holidays."

Say what, now?

I thought the Salvation Army was a Christian organization. I thought all bell ringers wished everyone a Merry (or blessed, or some such) Christmas. I did NOT expect to have more politically correct monkey crap thrown at me by a Salvation Army bell ringer.

Political correctness, and those who are offended by mere mentions of anything to do with Christianity can FTFO. With those pointy, fragile glass Christmas tree ornaments dipped in all the various holiday dips.

2 comments:

Kate P said...

Merry Christmas to you & the family, HH, and all my fellow FFOT-ers.

The Fifth String said...

Merry Christmas all!