Friday, December 10, 2010

At least this time, I got to bring the baby home.

So no, there's nothing but a huge FUCK YEAH! there. The darling little dumpling decided four weeks early was long enough, and arrived last Saturday. Her big brother adores her.

Politics in general and life-long politicians in general (*cough* Charlie Rangel *cough*) can definitely fuck off. Said asswipe is an excellent argument for term limits adding up to no more than twelve years for either House or Senate.

The entitlement mentality rampant amongst the American population can definitely fuck off. So can those that display it, like my student who plagiarized--badly--and then had the guts to tell me that she didn't mean to do it, had a whole list of books in the library she "looked at," would create a works cited page, and "didn't deserve to fail."

That, and she'd tried to go to my department head before even trying to communicate with me about it, makes me wonder if the next thing she's going to play is the race card. It also makes me wonder if, somewhere, there's a class teaching these entitled twatwaffles how to get around societal and educational rules.

Yes, I'm a little bitter. I happen to be teaching the next generation of Rangels, only with fewer brains and qualifications, and there's nothing I can do about it but be glad there's no way this particular twit can pass, even if she does do what I told her to do to get out of the plagiarism issue.

6 comments:

ricki said...

YES to the giant FO to the entitlement mentality. If I ever go apeshit on a class and start screaming or tearing off my clothes, it will be because one too many Preshus Snowflaykes came and told me that they "need" an extension because they're SPECIAL and their doody don't stink.

I am more and more leaning towards the "require two years in the workforce/military/volunteer service corps" mentality, because nothing knocks the "I'm special" out of someone like being yelled at by a DI.

But a huge F YEAH! for healthy babies.

Joel said...

Clients who refuse to return ad copy by deadline and then CC my boss on the bitchy e-mail the ONE TIME I make a mistake can fuck off with cheese-encrusted stethoscopes. (Three guesses what kind of advertiser it is.) Yes, I know your physicians are busy and don't have time to make sure a three-paragaph bio blurb is correct. But at some point in the last month, you'd think they could squeeze it in. Isn't this why you assholes get paid four or five times as much as I do?

The human toothaches who bellyache about every little mention of Christmas can fuck off and die in a snowdrift while muttering about rosebuds. Yeah, yeah, merry fucking blankmas, or Festivus, or sitting-alone-in-a-dark-apartment-eating-out-of-saucepans day, or whatever the fuck you want to celebrate. I have Jehovah's Witness friends who actually consider Christmas immoral, but are politer than these sneering "reason preachers." It's a fucking CULTURAL DISPLAY! You don't like it, go join a different culture.

And I second the FUCK YEAH on healthy babies. You deserve to have one go smoothly.

The Fifth String said...

All of the above. PLUS:

Fuck off to interminable, late afternoon meetings that drag on for damn reason, yet STILL don't result in a resolution or decision.

Kate P said...

This week it's an obscure FO to the people who assume that a librarian and lifelong nerd (and a woman) wouldn't know major players in the NBA. Gimme a fucking break. I read the paper and listen to/watch the news. Maybe I can't play sports that well but that's neither here nor there!

Fuck yeah! and Welcome new baby!!!

The Fifth String said...

Kate? Even though you are a librarian and a lifelong nerd and a GURL, I suspect you know more about major current players in the NBA than I do.

The Fifth String said...

And I'm a boy. And not a librarian.

Lifelong nerd, though.