Friday, August 13, 2010

Bureaucracy

The way my job has their computer systems set up, I'm going to have a damn hard time doing everything they want me to do for the first two or so weeks.

I have to sign a new contract every semester. My contract is kind of up in the air right now, because no one is sure both my classes will make (which will be a fuck-off all of it's own, if one doesn't--they'll fold all of my students into one class, and drop the other, which halves my pitiful paycheck). Without that contract being in HR's hands, they'll kick me off of the system. Right on the first day of the semester. Which means that now, with the way they've got things set up, I won't be able to access my official roster to tell my students that they aren't officially enrolled, and they need to fix that (for at least another month while they get that fixed).

That can fuck right the fucking fuckety fuck off. So can the sleazebag that decided on the new system four years ago that we didn't have the hardware to pull off. We've got one more year before our hardware will be totally upgraded to properly run the software.

Another thing that can fuck right off is that I'm not going to be getting paid until the end of September. Yep, I'll be working for six weeks before I see my first paycheck. Which is likely to be half of what it was last semester. That implemented with the new computer system: "It's too hard to change the computer system to deposit your paycheck with everyone else's--even if we get your contract before the end of the previous semester."

Sounds to me like the bitch running human resources is just making a power play over the part-time faculty because she can't with the full-time faculty, or with the upper administration.

And she can fuck off with a rusty-razor-wire wrapped cracked glass dildo as big as her inflated ego.

3 comments:

ricki said...

Assange - the Wikileaks guy - and the soldier who allegedly helped him.

I can't even think of something harsh enough to suggest that happens to them. (I saw someone suggest Assange should have to spend time in a Turkish prison...)

It's not just what he did; it's his attitude that he is somehow a brave hero for doing it.

The Fifth String said...

Damn. Friday AGAIN?

Damn, HH, that way fucking sucks. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Second Ricki's too. What a little pissant coward that little prick is. He wouldn't want (or dare) to do anything hurting the Islamist fucks who would cut his head off.

As for me, fuck off to certain marketing types. Why the hell would you do something so dumb?

WV: pravsiff - I don't know, but it sounds vaguely soviet.

Kate P said...

I agree, HH; it's ridiculous with all the contract stuff. I just got my new medical cards and it's like a tease: "Can't use these till Sept. 1!"

In the meantime, I can't freaking get hold of anybody to beg for emergency time off the second week of school. I don't get paid until mid-Sept. either, so I'm not exactly getting the vacation all the other school people are enjoying right now. Arrgh.

Totally agree with Ricki. This guy has no sense of ethics or discretion.

And a hearty FO to the a-holes behind me in traffic who think they can dictate how I should drive. Twice this week! Hey, I *know* I can make a right on red, but, you know, because you're BEHIND ME you can't SEE the PEDESTRIAN crossing that would be RUN OVER IF I DID SO. So stop honking your stupid horns already.