Friday, May 2, 2014

nursemaid's elbow

So, my daughter's been the one acting out this week.  She put shampoo in her hair Tuesday night, and then again on Wednesday night.  Tuesday night, I told her not to do it again; Wednesday night, I sent her to her room for the night (banned her from watching television).  She decided to dangle off of her doorknob, and popped her elbow out of joint.  Again. 

This makes the sixth time.

And the fourth time I've put it back myself. 

Nursmaid's elbow can fuck the fucking fuck off, especially after the kids are big enough to beg you not to hurt them while you're putting their elbow back into place.

2 comments:

hiswiserangel said...

Hugs, the Baby Queen's knee goes out of socket at alarming regularity, and after 3 ER trips, learned to reduce it myself. I know what you're talking about with the pleading; she's non-verbal, but very vocal.

Heroditus Huxley said...

I read about one of the instances on your blog, and felt really sorry for Baby Queen, and for you. I imagine you have the more difficult job--legs are heavier than arms, and knees are harder to mess with than elbows.