Friday, October 11, 2013

Bonehead English

I'm actually in a decently good mood for being as tired as I am.  My Comp II class really far ahead of where I thought they would be at this point.  They're about a week ahead, which means that they'll have an extra week on their research paper. 

The Comp II class has an average grade on the first draft of the papers of about 95%.  They're really good this semester.

The Comp I class, on the other hand...the average grade is an 89%.  Most of the class gets 90/100 or higher; however...I have one student who came from Bonehead English.  Their average paper grade is around a 60%.  The student has been very ill-served, and I know why.

The Bonehead English director tells his instructors to not give students poor grades.  We wouldn't, after all, want the poor dears to get discouraged and drop out!  We can't possibly make it clear to them that they have a lot of work to do to come up to par for university level writing! 

The director of Bonehead English for my university can fuck off.  With the failing papers of his past students folded until they're all corners, and shoved up his ass sideways. 

No comments: