Friday, March 25, 2011

My time is not my own

I've got no time or ability to write seriously on my own stuff, be it academic paper ideas (I posted, briefly, on two ideas I had over at the anti-soma), short story, novels, or my blog. Don't get me wrong: I love being a mommy, but I sincerely wish my baby girl could nap alone. Unless it's bedtime--then, thankfully, she sleeps all night--she wakes up as soon as I put her down in her crib.

So: being barely able to keep up with everything I need to do every day can fuck off. Having no time to simply be can definitely fuck off.

I need some range time for some lead-based therapy.

2 comments:

ricki said...

People like the little craphead in Indiana who think the appropriate way to deal with a disagreement is to blow your disagreer away...guns are for SELF DEFENSE against REAL THREATS, not for settling scores.

(That's what fists are for).

In all seriousness: anyone who thinks using a weapon lightly to "fix" things can FTFO.

Heroditus Huxley said...

Absolutely. And the suspended kid's parents need to be looked at, too--where did he get the gun to shoot his classmate?