Friday, October 15, 2010

Bureaucratic BS

I've been notified that I have to log into my university account and enter midterm grades. This, regardless of the fact that my students can log onto their distance learning account in the class platform and look at their grades. They know approximately what their grades are. The university really doesn't need to know, and indeed, I'm not sure that doesn't violate the privacy laws in my state.

Bureaucratic bs that serves no purpose but making more work for those who actually, you know, do the actual work in whatever company, university, or organization, can fuck right the fuck off.

Getting behind in grading can also fuck off.

5 comments:

ricki said...

I second you on your FO. The amount of administrivia we've had to deal with has approximately doubled this fall.

Also, people in positions of power who use that power to see how much they can make the monkeys dance (figuratively speaking) can completely FTFO.

Definitely Not Emily said...

US Customs can fuck off. The next two months I have to endure to get the fuck out of here can fuck off. US Customs can fuck off again. Ladies and gentlemen, the Gestapo is alive and well in the United States right now and it is called US Customs.

The Fifth String said...

Amen to all of the above.

Also, FO to public opinion pollsters, who are apparently exempt from laws governing telemarketers. Yeah, I can appreciate the usefulness of polls, but FIVE CALLS IN ONE NIGHT????? Go to hell, dammit.

The Fifth String said...

Emily in particular, hear hear! I'm totally opposed to illegal immigration, but our legal immigration and customs system is broken and in desperate need of repair. Give 'em hell, babe!

Not Emily Again said...

Actually, Ken, I can't. What makes the problem even WORSE is that if you complain in the slightest, they'll get vindictive as hell. They're abusive, undertrained control freaks who know they are the ones who not only have the last word, but can have you thrown in jail. It's fucked up right now. REALLY fucked up in the business I work in, which has nothing to do with immigration. And I have fucking had it with these fucks.